My encounter happened March 31st, 2013 at my home in Georgia. Around 3:00 AM. I have always been a night owl, I love the peacefulness of night, especially a cold night like it was this night. The night was going on like any other night for me. I was talking with some friends on the phone, while leaning out my open window. I live next to a railroad so I’m no stranger to loud noises. The sound I heard was not a train.

What I heard was the loudest blood curdling screech I’ve ever heard. It was loud enough that it come over my phone perfectly, causing my friends to ask what in the hell that was. It continued for a few more times before I finally got curious enough to go investigate. My area is no stranger to coyotes and the occasional bear wondering down from the mountains. So, I’m no fool, I grabbed my machete before I went out just in case what it was, wasn’t friendly.

I was outside for all of ten minutes looking around my house seeing if I could tell what it was I had been hearing. When I start to hear what sounds like something flapping. I listened for a few seconds before I finally looked up. To this day, I still wish I hadn’t looked up, I wish I had just gone back inside. What I saw was a creature looking to be seven, to eight feet in length. With a wingspan between ten, to fifteen feet wide. And the part that to this day still sends shivers down my spine. Its eyes were glowing red. It just kept circling above me.

Finally, I snapped out of whatever trance I was in looking at this thing, and ran back inside. Now I have two windows in my room. The one I was leaning out, which faces the railroad, and the one that faces where I was at outside. Both of my windows were open that night. When I get back into my room, I could still hear the thing flying around above my house. This lasted for about 15 minutes, and then, silence.

It was like whatever it was simply had vanished in midair, at least, that’s what I had thought. I was wrong… Out the window facing the railroad are some tall trees, and when I looked out, there it was, just staring at me. Eyes locked with mine. It felt like an eternity had past, when it was more like two minutes. Then as suddenly as it had come, it was gone. I haven’t seen it since.

It wasn’t until four days later when an explosion happened at the nearby power plant, that I finally realized what it was I had seen a few nights prior.

Quote 0 0